League 2020 Information:
Good day all, we are now accepting league sign up for the 2020 golf season. There will be some needed changes and rules this year in order to be able to have leagues.
In order to stay compliant and responsible with the Covid-19 pandemic, we will not be doing a full group shotgun start this year, we are still fine tuning some details for starting each night for a safer and efficient scenario. We will be posting league information weekly. If a team is going to be absent the night of league we would prefer that the two teams try to coordinate another time and day to make up the match, this will go for rain make-ups as well. Subs can still be used for the night of the league match, if this works best for the two teams playing. You are in charge of finding your own substitute not the golf course. Any scorecards that are not handed in within one week of the match, will not be counted. We will not track down teams for missing scores. In the event of a rain make-up and the two teams can not find a time to make up the match together, you and your partner may play alone and hand in your scores.(please coordinate this scenario with the league manager at the Grove)
League fees this year will be $32 per team, $12 of which will be used for the league software through the WSGA, $20 will go towards year end payouts, 1st place 40%, 2nd place 30%, 3rd place 20% and 4th place 10%. You will notice that the league fee does not include the steak dinner this year. If at the end of the season, if we are allowed, we will have a year end event to include all leagues for one combined steak night and payouts. There will be a sign up at the end of the year for this event should we be allowed to do so.. This will be easier to manage for the Grove and The North End, rather than having the four individual nights.
Handicaps will be set through the league manager, for those who played last year we will start with those handicaps. For those of you who are new we will need to create a starting handicap for you. Points will be match play 1 point per hole net score, and 1 point low net score per match.
League nights will be as follows with 18 teams maximum per league, first come first serve for the league. Monday men’s league – start date 6/1 Tuesday afternoon Men’s Seniors league – 5/26 Wednesday night Ladies league – 5/27 Thursday night men’s league – 5/28
Call The Grove to sign-up your team with a credit card. 608-248-2800. The amount per team will be $32. If you are not a member and you plan to participate in league you will need to call The Grove weekly and pay for your green fees and cart rental prior to playing. Specific questions regarding league Call Larry Gabel 507-429-9223.
|Membership||Rate||Rate w/ Cart|
|New Member Referral Credit||$50|
|Trail Fee / Cart||Rate||Annual Storage|
|Annual Cart Storage||$300|
|Green Fees||9 Holes||18 Holes|
|Cart (Per Rider)||$6.00||$9.00|
- Children under 12 golf for free but must be accompanied by an adult.
- To qualify for student rates golfer can be no older than 18 years old.
- College students showing current school ID and being less than 24 years old qualify for student rates.
There are regulations and restrictions that we will need to follow until further notice:
- Clubhouse is closed, must have a reserved tee time, no walk-ins allowed!
- No food or beverage will be available for purchase.
- Walking only-no golf carts are allowed.
- Social distancing requirements must always be followed, unless players reside in the same household.
- All tees times must be made in advance by phone and payment will be required by credit card when setting up a tee time. You can start signing up for tee times on Wednesday April 22nd at 8am. Please don’t get out of your vehicles until 5 minutes prior to your tee time.
- Normal hours of operation will be 8am to 7pm starting on Friday, April 24th.
- Tee times must be spaced to avoid multiple foursomes from clustering or gathering at any stage of the course.
- Be aware that if you don’t show up to your tee time or do not cancel it within 2 hours of the tee time, you will not get a refund.
- All maintenance workers and groundskeepers will comply with appropriate rules.
- If rules are not followed you will be asked to leave with no refunds. No exceptions.
Memberships are still available, please contact us via email if you’re interested and leave a phone number so we can reach you. firstname.lastname@example.org